Group14 provides energy audits ranging from walk through ASHRAE Level 1 audits to comprehensive ASHRAE Level 2 or 3 audits with calibrated energy modeling. In addition to providing an upgrade plan to achieve energy savings, energy audits can be used for LEED-EB:O&M certification and PACE financing.
Experience / Qualifications
Our highly trained engineers provide clear actionable recommendations for all equipment types from complex central equipment to large portfolios of buildings. We have performed millions of square feet of audits on numerous building types including more than (20) LEED-EB: Operations and Maintenance certified buildings.
Our Process / Systems
Level 1 Audit:
- Conduct walk through survey
- Gather necessary information
- Analyze historical utility bills and benchmark facility
- Quantify energy savings and high level costs for Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs)
- Provide a report summarizing recommendations
Level 2 Audit (in addition to Level 1 tasks):
- Perform a detailed site investigation – collect equipment data and interview staff
- Review Operations and Maintenance (O&M) practices
- Prepare detailed weather dependent energy savings calculations for Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs)
- Recommend and analyze capital projects
- Evaluate the Building Automation System including review of trends
- Provide a detailed report with full descriptions of the building and measures
Level 3 Audit (in addition to Level 1 & 2 tasks):
- Evaluate equipment operation in detail using trend data and SkySpark software
- Perform select functional testing onsite
- Analyze energy savings using a detailed energy model
- Prepare contractor scopes of work and collect contractor pricing
The Group14 Difference
The Property Assessed Clean Energy program (PACE) is a new financing mechanism approved in Colorado that allows building owners to finance building improvements through the building’s property taxes. This can provide 20-year financing at attractive rates. Group14 is an approved contractor for the program and has completed numerous energy audits through this program. We have a strong track record of energy upgrade projects that we support through commissioning and Measurement and Verification (M&V). This gives us a good understanding of the optimal projects for each facility and the key factors for successful completion.