Johnson & Wales University Centennial and Founders Hall
After more than 30 years of being shuttered, and $17 million in renovations, Centennial Hall – which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places –is the new hub and heart of Johnson & Wales Campus in Denver, Colorado. Centennial Hall, originally named Treat Hall, was built in 1886 for the Colorado Women’s College. In 2000, JWU purchased the campus in the Park Hill neighborhood, and the structure was renamed Centennial Hall in 2014.
The newly renovated Centennial Hall features classrooms, a café, faculty and administrative offices, and a great hall that will be used for events and a learning laboratory for students. Along with the overhaul of the historic building, JWU has also invested more than $15 million to renovate Founders Hall – built in 1929 – into a modern residence hall. Group14 provided fundamental commissioning (Cx) services for both projects.