Colorado School of Mines, Coolbaugh Hall
Coolbaugh Hall Named after Mines’ longest-serving president, Melville C. Coolbaugh (1925-1946), the original $1 million building was dedicated to chemistry education and research. The building opened in September 1952. Coolbaugh hall was designed by Fuller and Fuller, an architectural firm that has served the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado for three generations. The building was built to house chemistry and geochemistry. In May 1953 to the building was dedicated Melville Coolbaugh who served as president of the school from 1925-1946. Dr. Coolbaugh was a research chemist and professor at the school before his tenure as president. This building has a place in the history of the Colorado School of Mines because it was the first completely new building on campus after World War II.
SkySpark software was integrated with the control system in this lab and office space which was upgraded in 2016. The Monitoring-Based Commissioning (MBCx) process helped identify operating issues for large laboratory air handling units and central cooling plant equipment.