Group14 Engineering helps affordable housing communities around the country manage their energy use and maximize the benefit from utility cost reduction activities. From resident engagement, to energy audits, to technical assistance and EPC efforts, we seek to help these communities thrive. We are committed to helping provide sustainable, efficient, durable, and safe housing for everyone – all people deserve a place to call home.
Group14 has helped 16,879 units of affordable housing seize the financial benefits of water and energy efficiency.
LIHTC new construction and rehab projects:
- Enterprise Green Communities services for cost effective CHFA compliance
- Optimized utility allowance and metering strategies for increased budget
- Utility incentives and comply with EGC credit 5.1 through Xcel Energy Design Assistance, Energy Outreach Colorado, and Energy Star for Homes services
- 179D tax deductions and 45L tax credits services
- Train operation and maintenance staff and engage residents on high performance, green building features = lower utility costs
- Healthy Homes Program and WELL Building Standard
Existing public housing, section 8, non-profit, and for-profit affordable housing portfolio services:
- Develop, finance, and commission Self-Managed Energy Performance Contracts and other large retrofit projects – over $35,000,000 to date
- Provide Measurement and Verification service for Energy Performance Contracts
- Perform HUD compliant utility allowance studies, energy audits (per 24 CFR Part 965, Subpart C), and green physical needs assessments
- Offer resident engagement campaigns and services
- Provide operations and maintenance staff trainings on green cleaning, integrated pest management, HVAC system operation, sub-metering, and advanced preventative maintenance.
- Health Impact Assessments and the development of retrofits
Low-income demand side management utility program and weatherization services for providers:
- Design effective multi-family and non-profit programs
- Deliver energy and water audit services
- Identify qualifying weatherization and incentive opportunities
- Manage contractors and provide commissioning to ensure projected savings
- Incorporate Health Impact Assessments into weatherization programs
Questions on Affordable Housing?
Send us a message