Efficiency offers opportunities to save money, finance capital needs, and increase building valuation – all while improving the health, comfort, and productivity of building users. Group14 Engineering can help you get there through our Existing Building Services:
- Retro-Commissioning or re-commissioning (RCx) provides a thorough investigation of existing equipment operation to identify issues and make improvements. The focus of RCx is on low cost measures that can save 5-20% of energy use with less than a 2 year payback.
- Group14 utilizes monitoring-based commissioning software to analyze equipment operation over multiple seasons and evaluate 100% of zone equipment.
- Group14 is an approved provider for Xcel Energy’s RCx rebate program.
Monitoring Based Commissioning (MBCx)/ SkySpark
- Buildings can generate vast amounts of information but many facility operators lack convenient ways to turn the flood of data into actionable information. Analytics software can help solve that problem.
- Group14 uses the SkySpark software platform to aid in commissioning and ongoing monitoring of buildings. We have a dedicated SkySpark developer on staff and are currently monitoring over 7,000,000 SF of building area with our cloud hosted server.
- Group14 is a SkyFoundry Value Added Reseller (VAR).
Measurement & Verification (M&V) 2.0/ Energy Management
- Continuous energy management is key to achieving long term energy efficiency. Group14 has developed monitoring and in-house analytics that can watch buildings in real-time and automatically identify issues and opportunities.
- Detailed monitoring can help lower energy use and costs, raise Energy Star scores, and help achieve LEED credits.
- Group14 has developed and implemented over 50 M&V Plans per the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP).
- Group14 provides energy audits ranging from walk through ASHRAE Level 1 audits to comprehensive ASHRAE II or III audits including calibrated energy modeling.
- Our highly trained engineers provide clear actionable recommendations for all equipment types from complex central equipment to large portfolios of buildings.
- Energy audits can be used for LEED-EB:O&M certification and PACE financing
BAS Upgrade Support
Many existing buildings can expect great improvements from an upgraded Building Automation System (BAS). Group14 provides BAS specifications, upgrade support, and commissioning to design the system right from the start and achieve lasting energy savings.
LEED-EB and Energy Star
- Achieving LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EB) certification requires detailed engineering to assess energy use and evaluate indoor air quality. Group14 has successfully completed engineering services for over 20 LEED-EB certified buildings.
- Group14 has successfully completed Licensed Professional services for numerous Energy Star certified facilities.
- Our engineering and energy management services can aid in achieving the LEED Dynamic Plaque certification path.
MBCx – 1670 Broadway
MBCx Paper – Group14 IFMA 2015
Existing Building Questions?
Send us a message