Group14 Engineering’s suite of building energy services takes an integrative approach to working with your team to exceed your energy goals and enhance occupant satisfaction through:
- Energy Modeling to assess building energy consumption, ventilation effectiveness, thermal comfort and visual quality.
- Achieve building energy goals.
- Expertise applying eQuest and Energy Plus/Open Studio, as well as in-house tools.
- Demonstrate savings to earn energy efficiency incentives.
- Calculate energy performance for LEED and/or energy code.
Energy Efficiency Consulting
- Identify cost-effective, energy efficiency, and renewable energy strategies
- Energy Modeling to assess building energy consumption, ventilation effectiveness, thermal comfort and visual quality
- Achieve building energy goals
- Expertise applying eQuest and Energy Plus/Open Studio, as well as in-house tools
- Demonstrate savings to earn energy efficiency incentives
- Calculate energy performance for LEED and/or energy code
- Home Energy Ratings
- Monitor building operations to ensure long-term energy performance
- Optimize exterior shading design for daylighting and visual quality.
- Evaluate and enhance daylighting design alternatives.
- Lighting analysis to ensure design meets energy goals and lighting standards.
- Review and optimize lighting and daylighting design and control strategies.
Window & Wall Thermal Performance
- Group14 Engineering has an accredited National Fenestration Rating Council window simulator on staff.
- Determine U-Factor, SHGC and VT ratings of fenestration.
- Determine U-values of wall and roof assemblies.
- Evaluate condensation potential in walls, roof and fenestration.
Group14 Engineering has performed building system research for manufacturers, national laboratories, ASHRAE, and the National Park Service. We have published research in the following areas:
- Window energy performance
- Performance of residential skylights
- Energy recovery ventilation in laboratories
- Double-skin facades
- Benchmarking energy performance of laboratories
- Minimized duct design
- Modeling inter-reflection between exterior surfaces
Glazing in the Cloud
Energy Performanceof Small Office and K-12 School Buildings
Streamlining Energy Simulation To Identify Building Energy Retrofits
Energy Efficiency Questions?
Send us a message